Tuesday, May 04, 2010

THINK Different! BE Different! ACT Different!

Albert Einstein once said "The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results".

I had an experience recently that ruffled my feathers a bit and then I realized that they were being ruffled because they needed to be.

I was not accepted into a networking group. The feedback they gave me was, "You are too un-traditional." Oh wow, it reminded me of some feedback I had received from someone saying, "You are too enthusiastic."

I remember the few times I interacted in the group feeling uneasy. I experienced a structure that is formulated to create a special result they desire to create, yet not one that I believe builds meaningful relationships.

Now, I have to admit, I was miffed for a moment. I then realized that God was asking me to rejoice in my self and accept my unique approach to life. I am different and I am glad for that...

The different kind of life I have led as an artist, designer, writer and spiritual seeker has made many people uncomfortable. I know that I am here on this earth to affect it. I push. I probe. I seek the truth.

I ask questions that disrupt the current way of thinking. I ask WHY? I ask, Why NOT??

As this world shifts and evolves, we must be willing to THINK Different, BE Different, and ACT Different.

We know that the way things are going right now is not bringing the results we as a world need. We need to be willing to step away from the pack and step into our unique gifts.

A week or so ago a friend forwarded a link to a great little video about being different to me. It is a promo piece for Youngme Moon's Different

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26PVrm4iLA0

Youngme Moon is a professor at the Harvard School of Business. Her book discusses the power of being different and helps us see the idea from a new point of view.

I remembered this link, while I sat thinking about the group who did not want me. I decided that I would bring together people who celebrate being different and know that being different in these times is exactly what needs to happen.

I have set up a lunch time call for us to read spend time discussing the ideas she presents and to discuss how these ideas inspire us to action...

Here the information about the call,

Friday, May 21, 2010
12-1pm - bring your lunch and break bread with people from around the world!

Conference line number
1-213-289-0500
Participant Access Code
498649

and the Link to reserve your spot...

http://guestlistapp.com/events/21324

And to purchase the book....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home