Thursday, March 29, 2007

Who?

Who are you missing?

Who do you need to call?

Who needs a letter or card from you?

Who is your heart asking you to reach out to?

Each day passes filled with tasks, errands, and the routine of everyday life. Days become weeks, weeks become months, months become years. Recently a friend shared a regret with me with tears in her eyes. She had been thinking about an old friend for several months. Each day passed and she would say to her, “I’ll call him tomorrow.” Each day passed and she overlooked what her heart was calling her to do. Finally after months of putting off a call, for no other reason than busyness, she picked up the phone. After a brief conversation with the wife of her friend, she learned that he had died several weeks prior.

She sat weeping, vowing she would never ignore the call of her heart again.

Last week, a friend who I had not seen or heard from in over 5 years, sent me an email. He followed the call of his heart. He said he had been searching for me for months. He and I had been overweight together and had always talked about trying to do something about it. Several years ago he had lost a huge amount of weight, almost the exact same amount as I had…in almost the same time frame. He had run the NYC marathon and wanted to share the accomplishment. At some level deep in my heart, I know it was his way of reaching out to inspire me.

He received a bounce back from an old email address of mine, and used several online search services to search me. He came up blank…after several weeks and spending many dollars searching the web for me he came up blank. Still his mind was on me…he ran into a friend who did have my contact info. He jumped onto my website and saw that I too had lost my weight. He saw I was looking for help producing my book and immediately responded with an offer to help!

WOW! The call of his heart produced such an abundance of goodness. We both had a chance to see we had both finally tackled a life struggle, and we were both busy out there helping others overcome it too!

Do not pause! Call or email that person who has been on your mind.

Do not let days turn into years!!

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home