Thursday, April 20, 2006

Stepping out in Faith

What does this mean to you? What is required for you to do it? What is the process your mind and heart, go throught to allow you to take the risk you have always wanted to take?

For me, stepping out in faith is what my life has been all about, especially the past three years. I have had gastric bypass, and lost 140 pounds, I have left a six-figure job to start a business, and I have ended a marriage that brought no joy to my life. Talk about stepping out in faith, yet at a deep level I know deep down I will be fine. Yes, I am scared stiff. Afraid of loosing everything I have worked so hard for, afraid of being alone, afraid of failure.

I know God has always been there, when I recognized I needed him and especially when I didn't. I have recently found a prayer and meditation practice that serves me well. It allows me to tap into what matters most to me. It gives me insights and serenity that often alludes me on a busy day. I know that without my prayer and meditation, I would not have had the bravery to recreate my life these past years. It is dedicated time with God, that brings strength, courage and conviction to follow your path.

What are you doing today to connect to what God has for you?? What can you do to improve that? What commitment will you make to yourself and your dreams??

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home