Thursday, June 01, 2006

Perfection

"My imperfections and failures are as much a blessing from God as my successes and my talents, and I lay them both at His
feet."

Mahatma Gandhi

Love this quote. For me, it is about facing all of who I am and loving it all. It is being able to look at myself honestly, it required if I am to expect that I will continue to grow. Spiritually, emotionally, intellectually, physically.

Success and failure live in the same place. It is being able to see the whole picture, just not the good, just not the bad. How can we possibly think that we are just good? How could we think we are just bad. We are whole living, growing, evolving creatures that face trials and tribulations each day. We are all doing the best we can.

As I end a marriage and begin a new life, I am forced to face my part of things. Where have I failed, where could have I done better, been more patient? I know that if I am to grow from this I must be willing to face it all, and accept that tomorrow I will strive to do better with the knowledge of my part.

So how can an honest view of yourself help you move forward?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home