Thursday, July 20, 2006

Where is your mind wandering?

Allow your mind to wander.


Where does it go? Does it go to the beach, to a piece of art, a book you have been reading? It can go a million places...Does it give you pleasure? Guilt?

I've been using my wandering to fuel me. Just this morning, I had paused to take a break from task i was doing and let my my mind wander. It brought me to a person I needed to call. Instead of just letting the thought flash through my head, I took action. Made the call, spoke for a few minutes, set and appointment and moved on. I knew that i did not have alot of time to chat, so I stated I had a few minutes and wanted to set some to time to spend together. Done, Three minutes later, I was back t the task at hand. No longer did this needed call bug me. I was able to take care of a call I had been wanted to make for days.

How much energy do we waste on not listening to the wanderings. I thnk that when we initially have the thought about the person and want to call them it is pleasure. it is the idea that it would be fun to do. When we do not listen to the thought, after a few times it turns to guilt. We start feeling bad because we did not make it happen. Who needs that. So the next time you have a thought to do something. Just Do It, to borrow a phrase. Start turning your ideas into joys, and stop allowing inaction to turn them into guilt!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home